May 27th, 2013
I know…it’s been a while.
I keep saying that, huh.
It’s been a good absence, though. I am doing research for a book and it is just…fascinating. Wonderful wonderful stuff.
What else is going on in my world? Hmmm…I think it’s easier if I just bullet-list it:
- Kids are still swimming. Punksin’s stamina has increased exponentially and Pudding is now in Level FOUR, thank you very much. After taking a break – I figured his small stature was hampering his skills – he went back into lessons with a vengeance and is preparing to try out for Punksin’s team in the fall.
- I told you we have a puppy, right? Did I go into the whole thing about his undescended testicle? Well, he has one and if I wrote about it then you already know and if you didn’t, now you know and your life is complete.
- Research has become my life, aside from chauffeuring the kids to swimming. I really enjoy it, which is awesome. The tough part, is going to be the WRITING.
- Oh. The top of Punksin’s head is past my shoulders. She is only 9. She is also wearing a size 6 shoe, and I wear a 7 1/2. Why do they have to grow so fast?
- Still no meds, isn’t that awesome? I have the anxiety meds but rarely use them nowadays, to be honest. I am still using OTC sleeping meds because I can’t fucking SLEEP. And I don’t know why. It’s not that I lie there with the weight of the world on my mind; it’s not that I’m worried about anything. It’s more like I just can’t get COMFORTABLE. And I went through this thing for about 3 weeks where the minute I lay down I would start itching. It wasn’t bed bugs. It was me. It stopped, but I never figured out what it was. It definitely impacted the sleep process but even without the itching, I just…don’t sleep well. I think I need to tire myself out with more physical activity. (The Tech Guru agrees wholeheartedly, of course, because to him that means one thing and one thing ONLY.)
- It’s official – I need reading glasses. I mean, I’ve been using them for a while now for crocheting but wow have my eyes taken a turn for the worse…reading ingredient labels on food and shit at the drugstore is almost fucking IMPOSSIBLE now. Without reading glasses that is. Or, if I am wearing my prescription glasses instead of my contact lenses, then I do that thing where you peer OVER the glasses to see shit up close properly? Yeah, that thing that your GRANDMOTHER USED TO DO? I’m doing THAT.
- I can’t think of anything else. I don’t know why. Maybe my eyes aren’t the only thing losing functionality? Either that or my life is incredibly boring. Or both.
- Actually, I think it’s both.
Well, I AM here…alive and well and just really really busy although it would seem that whatever I am doing is not exciting enough for me to write about it. Or even remember it, apparently.
I’ll get back to you on that.